You Are Reading

Dark room dreams get lost in the flat screen #2

Les Amours Imaginaires, by Xavier Dolan
  


  When I see or hear about this movie the first thing I remember is one of my first encounters with my friend Inês. This was the movie we were eager to see in IndieLisboa Cinema Festival, unfortunately we couldn't get tickets for the session and we went just to see another movie called (when i remember i will write here ) I sincerely liked and I thought that the idea was original but for me the best part fo the day was the company of my friend.

  
  Les Amours imaginaires (Heartbeats) is the second feature film from young director and actor Xavier Dolan (J'ai tue ma mère, 2009). Heartbeats tells the story of three friends, Francis, Marie and Nicolas who engage in a love triangle.
  Their lives change when they meet Nicholas, a boy who just moved to Montreal. The meetings follow one another and the three become an inseparable group. But Francis and Marie, both in love with Nicolas developes obsessive fantasies around their common object of desire. As they go through the typical stages of passion, they embark on a genuine dispute over the boy's attention by committing his friendship. With a soundtrack of luxury in coming issues such as Vive la Fête, Bang Bang (Dalida), Indochine, Comet Gain, among others.

Filipe Marinheiro



Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.